We are searching a motivated Accounts Assistant, who will be an integral part of the finance and accounting team. And report to the Group Controller. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the finance function particularly accounts receivable. The ideal candidate possesses good knowledge of accounting, works proactively to drive results, and initiates process improvements. We also want a candidate that is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Support Accounts Receivable for day-to-day sales invoicing and credit control.
- Prepare receivable reconciliations for Accounts Receivable Manager review.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with cash collections, note taking and other related tasks.
- Assist Accounts Receivable in managing the AR ageing reports.
- Daily bank postings and reconciliations.
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger.
- Prepare quarterly Group VAT returns for the UK entities.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to verify the VAT data.
- Prepare monthly US Sales Tax returns and present them to Group Controller before submission.
- Provide support for ad hoc projects and tasks.
- Previous Accounting experience
- Working towards an accounting qualification (AAT / ACCA / CIMA / ACA) is preferred.
- Experience working for a technology and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) company is preferred.
- Preferred A-Levels or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- High energy, independent thinker, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving and achieving results.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work well in high-pressure situations to meet deadlines.
- Eagerness to learn more about Accounting and Finance.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with NetSuite and Sage is preferred, or comparable ERP system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions.