The accounts payable & receivable teams consist of 8 full time staff responsible for credit management and accounts payable across 7 BNP Paribas Real Estate entities covering the Rural, Residential and Commercial business lines. The team sits within the wider finance team, which consists of over 30 staff at varying levels and responsibilities.
The accounts payable & receivable team are friendly and work as a close unit, providing an excellent service to the professional fee earners (chartered surveyors) and the wider finance function.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven candidate who wants to join a well-established business that offers investment in people and opportunity to progress.
The purpose of this role is to support the Accounts Payable & Receivables Manager in her duties whilst identifying and leading change as appropriate. The successful candidate will be hands on, advising, monitoring and assisting the AP and AR functions in their day to day tasks and to also take responsibility for specific treasury tasks. These tasks are detailed below:
This role requires flexibility to undertake admin tasks in both the AP & AR teams as and when required.
Roles and responsibilities
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders including Business Line and Department heads, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, Procurement, IT, internal and external organisations etc.
- Critically assess processes and support improvement changes where appropriate, including understanding interdependencies with other systems and processes
- Support AP/AR manager to manage system access rights ensuring segregation of duties are in place
- Support AP/AR manager with system improvements and coordinate testing and training when new processes are rolled out
- Support AP/AR manager to ensure all compliance requirements are met including Payment Practices Reporting
- Support AP/AR manager to monitor and report areas of non-compliance and agree actions to resolve
- Support the operation of the Accounts Payable function to ensure smooth running of processes
- Daily fee rendering and control checks
- Review company bank accounts and post cash into Microsoft GP Dynamics on a daily basis
- Create Aged Debts for all companies and circulate to the business when required
- Monitor the unmatched cash, identify the payment and post
- Contact clients by telephone, e-mail, letters to support cash identification
- Monitor the shared credit control inboxes and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Create payments to refund clients when required
- Assist the legal team with any queries relating to debt passed to them for collection
- Support AR Supervisor with management of Debt Recovery
- Adhere to Credit Management Policy
- Assist with any ad-hoc duties as required
- Perform monthly Bank reconciliations and identify and resolve reconciling items in a timely fashion
- Perform monthly interest reporting on existing loans within the Real Estate UK group.
- Monitor the Group cash position on a daily basis.
- Prepare and post Treasury/cash journals on a monthly basis for a number of entities
- Prepare cash flow reports
- Make payments via Bankline
- Qualification or part qualification in credit control/debt management/ AAT or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage
- Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Tenacious, presentable, assertive and self-motivated
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with professional telephone manner
- Conscientious and highly focussed, with a sound understanding of credit control/accounts payable/ treasury procedures
- Experience of using computer based accounting systems similar to Microsoft GP Dynamics
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook) including V-lookups and IF formulae
- Excellent interpersonal skills (will be required to communicate at all levels)
- Analytical approach with problem solving skills
- Progressive, positive and forward thinking
- Experience of Credit Control/Accounts Payable/ Treasury
- Part or fully qualified in a relevant accounting qualification
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Proficiency in data entry and management
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Heath & Leisure:Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work
Financial:Pension, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme – you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.