Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for an Apprentice Finance Assistant who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge.
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we’ve been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Finance Manager and will be supervised by the Financial Accountants. As the Apprentice Finance Assistant, you will have extensive interaction with all finance and accounting staff and the CFO.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- To manage the raising of client deposit invoices and credit notes on accounting system.
- Prepare and submit accounting journals for review including recurring entries.
- To assist in processing supplier invoices for the Travel Company UK.
- Produce excel schedules for supplier invoice coding analysis.
- Communicate and agree monthly invoice reconciliations with BCD companies in other countries and arrange monthly payments to these intercompanies.
- Cover some of the duties for the Travel Company UK finance assistant in case of absence.
- Run reports from our accounting software SAP into excel to provide analysis to the business.
- To assist with ad-hoc projects which may be required throughout the year.
How you can set yourself apart
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Able to manage their workload independently to meet the monthly deadlines.
- Be good at communicating with others in the business and not be afraid to ask questions.
- Exceptional numerical ability and strong analytical skills.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Committed to learn and develop.
- Able to achieve high standards of performance at all times.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
- A minimum of 2 A levels, desirable in in Maths or accounting.
- An AAT Level 2 qualification is desirable for this role.
Study support specification
- Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship – level 3.
- 15-18 month programme with an approved training provider.
- Dedicated tutor who provides mentoring and support.
- Structured training programme with flexible online-study and assessments.
Internal training and support
- Key-mentor assigned from the finance team.
- Additional mentoring and support provided for on job training, as needed.
- On board training and industry training provided by the BCD internal training team.
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is opportunities to explore and progress on to other industry recognised qualifications.
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via [email protected] Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the ‘notify me’ button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.