Routeco is looking towards a bright future as a growing part of Sonepar, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership (44,500 people, an annual turnover of 21.6 billion euros) in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services.
You’ll be joining a growing organisation in the UK of over 250 associates at one of the UK’s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products.
We encourage development and progression both within individuals and in the business by constantly moving forward and are open to acquisitions that help to strengthen our skills and offerings to also provide the best for our customers and our associates.
If you are looking for a company that has a long-term vision and cares about its people and the planet, then look no further. We want you to join and contribute to a team that is constantly striving to be La Référence.
ARE YOU THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR?*
An opportunity has arisen within our Head office for an Assistant Account role. Working in the Finance Team at Routeco means being part of a centralised team providing reporting, analysis, and statutory reporting for the UK Business, holding companies and European subsidiaries.
So, we are looking for someone with the and eye for detail, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including intermediate excel and the ability to interact with internal and external associates with ease.
Must have previous knowledge of Bank reconciliations – UK & Europe
- Good knowledge of UK Payroll processing including P11d’s, Pension scheme and other payroll related costs (UK & Europe) is required for this role.
- Must have previous knowledge of Payroll control account reconciliations
- Oversee inputting a new payroll system in early 2023
- VAT Related tasks for Europe
- Banking Statutory Payments – UK & Europe
- Intercompany Reconciliations & manual invoices
- Petty cash reconciliations
- Dealing with Company cars process & documentation procedures
- Management Responsibility of Junior Finance Assistant
- Take charge of your personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with Routeco’s core competencies and learning and development framework.
- Observe Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Ad Hoc Tasks given by Financial Controller or Finance Director.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO ROUTECO?*
AAT qualified essential
- A cautious and carefully considered approach to problem solving is an important role requirement.
- Being well organised and dependable will be important factors in being successful in this role.
- A thorough disciplined and detailed style is vital with the ability to analyse logical and detailed data.
- Good standard of education, GCSE English and Maths particularly A-C grade (or equivalent).
- Flexibility to working hours at peak time such as payroll or month end.
- We are looking for someone with drive, initiative and vision who wants to build a career
WHAT ROUTECO CAN OFFER YOU?*
- Salary of upto £27000 subject to skills and experience
** Commencing with 25 days holiday a year, increasing with length of service upto 30 days, with the option to flex up/down 5 days
Long Service Awards (gifts and one-off holiday awards of up to 5 days extra in anniversary year)
Membership to a health and wellbeing cashback scheme
Life Assurance of 2 times salary
Membership to a group personal pension plan with employer contributions set at 5%
Discretionary on the spot and value-based awards
LinkedIn Learning Licence
Paid time off for our Volunteering scheme
Associate Discounts Portal
Recruitment referral bonuses
Payroll Giving options with Company Contributions
Access to salary sacrifice Cycle Scheme
Wellbeing support including App, Hub and Mental Health First Aiders
Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (Unum)
Gym membership discounts
Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
Long Service Awards
Work Place giving
Routeco are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion across the whole organisation, a place where we can all be ourselves. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees and will not discriminate based on a person’s race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, source of income, parental status, or any other protected status and we will strive to build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.
Are you ready to make a *difference?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,000.00 per year