:Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London
:06/Sep/2022, 10:45:38 AM
OBL Credit Risk Control is a control function that protects the Bank’s interest by ensuring full compliance with all credit approved terms & conditions and applicable policies prior to loan disbursement.
- Completion of pre-booking activities by ensuring that all supporting documentation is in place for the booking of Offshore Loans
- Follow OBL processes to obtain and collate approvals (tax, compliance, legal)
- Complete due diligence on facility documentation (facility agreements, banking facility letters, offer letters, Murabaha agreements), where SCB UK is the lender but the borrower is based offshore, checking the documentation against the terms agreed to by the Credit team, and reverting to the offshore team with any requests/ queries.
- Check/ complete due diligence on any amendment agreements, fee letters, limit loading certificates or other supporting docs, and ensure drawdown notices are within the terms of the Credit team and the agreement.
- Communicate with overseas teams or external lawyers to facilitate postage/ shipping of the original copies.
- Provide quality support and advice to Relationship Managers (RM’s) within all lending units on all documentation related matters, including the origination of documentation for customers where required
- To deliver excellent service and advice to our Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (“CCIB”) Banking and Business Banking (“BB”) clients in all interactions.
- Engage clients throughout process, ensuring seamless delivery and client experience
- Own and drive execution of processes, working closely with stakeholders and the value chain to deliver excellent client service, getting clients to the point of ready-to-transact as quickly as possible, across both simple and complex cases.
- Adheres to first-time-right principles
- Provide insight and suggestions to improving processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and automate. Looks at ways to promote standard work and best practices.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager and Country Head of IMO
People and Talent
- Provide effective orientation/ guidance to new joiners on the bank’s policies/ procedures/ processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager, to attain necessary competencies
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the operational risk team and Line Manager
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all OBL CRC and IMO-related processes, and adherence to DOIs
- Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations
- Proactively manage risks and establish/ monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality
- Ensure correctness of documentation prior to any dispensation from the Bank
- Ensure compliance with the internal policies and credit policies, external policies, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls
- Highlight significant issues/ errors to team leader
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country IMO Head, Client Delivery Managers and other Specialists
- GBO Hub teams and In-country CET teams
- Account Opening Teams
- Front Office (RMs, CMs, CCMs)
- Lending Documentation Unit
- Business Operational Risk Manager
- Transaction Banking (Trade, Security Services, and Cash Management) Implementation Managers
- Embedding Here for good and the Group’s brand and valued behaviours in the OBL CRC and the CRC Integrated Middle Office teams
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, a methodical and detailed approach
- Understanding and implementation of Credit and other Bank policies and procedures
- Commercial understanding of different facility structures
- Understanding of the Offshore Booking – Governance and Roles & Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of the Business Credit Application content and process
- Working knowledge/ experience of Assurance/ Operational Risk processes
- Global CRC Departmental Operating Instructions
- Outline knowledge of Banking Law and Practice
Our purpose, to
drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be
here for goodare achieved by how we each live our
valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thingand are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle,continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together,we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-offincluding annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible workingoptions based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing supportthrough Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning cultureto support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation,one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments –some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers