Based in Chelmsford, Town centre
Countrywide is part of the Connells group, the UK’s largest estate agency and property services business incorporating many well-known high street brands: Hamptons, Abbotts, Bairstow Eves, Taylors Estate Agents, are but a few.
The Countrywide finance team is bringing back in house the accounting functions and as part of this project we are creating a new Accounts Payable and Cashier team in Chelmsford.
We are currently recruiting for a Cashier who will play a crucial part within our finance team.
The Cashier function is responsible for the management and control of all commercial bank accounts across the Group.
- Processes electronic payments for all Group company bank accounts
- Processes inter-group cash transfer requests for all Group company bank accounts
- Reviews and arranges authorisation of correctly processed payment request
- Processing of entries onto Group company Accounting and Banking systems
- Reconciles and maintain all bank and system records
- Deals with accounts queries promptly and efficiently
- Ensures up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
- Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Experience is not essential, training will be given. However, ideally applicants who have some experience of working in an office environment in an administrative capacity, ideally with numerical information. GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Math’s and English essential (to Grade C or the equivalent).
Knowledge/Proven abilities of:-
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Prioritisation and organisational skills – able to work to deadlines’
- Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Accounting Packages
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
Connells Group is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK. Founded in 1936 and with a network of over 1200 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions.
Connells Group UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.