Job Title: Cashier – 37.5 Hours per week
Trust Location: East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
Would you like to be part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? If you answered yes, the East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust would love to hear from you
About the Trust
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust provide services to the local community to around 500,000 people, with the regional cancer centre supporting around 2 million people. They provide care to the community with an annual budget of around £350 million and more than 5,000 staff.
Would you like to be part of a Trust that value, recognise and celebrate staff members? Who work as a team to provide a high-level service? If yes, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust is the place for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
· To offer advice and guidance on procedures and Cash Office Processes to General Office staff at Mount Vernon, Lister, QEII and Hertford County Hospitals. The Cashier will be an expert in the knowledge of the DSS Benefit Legislation and will provide information to patients regarding DSS Benefit Rules and Legislation.
· Provide a service for staff, patients, and members of the public requiring to pay in money owing to the Trust or claim back moneys from petty cash as appropriate. Doctors paying into Charitable Funds. Authorisation for payments can only be made if all criteria are met. The Cashier will ensure all cashiers adhere to Strict Finance Rules regarding petty cash claims and cashiers will refer any query to the Chief Cashier if a discretionary decision is required. Cashier to cash, count, check receipt and bank monies.
· Responsible for Petty Cash float. This is reconciled on a regular basis. In order to receive petty cash reimbursement Financial Data is input to the Oracle Receivables System accuracy is vital in order to receive reimbursement.
· The Cashier is responsible for all cash and cheques received in the cash office. Cash for banking is processed three times a week, bags are security tagged and recorded. The Cashier is responsible for security procedures regarding collection and delivery of cash by Securicor (G4S). The post-holder will ensure cashiers verify the ID of the Securicor (G4S) collector before allowing money to leave the Cash Office. Bag tags will be verified by the collector who will count them and issue a receipt which will be kept to substantiate the Trust’s banking records.
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the above.
You’ll learn the following whilst working at the Trust –
· An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
· Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
· Gain valuable experience in a patient facing role.
You’ll have the following qualification/experience:
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Knowledge of the Benefit System and Hospital Travel Cost Scheme
· Knowledge of the Oracle Finance System
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
· Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
· Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
· Multi locational– opportunity to work at various trusts
· Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go– access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
· Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – Join once, get first choice on suitable new placements as soon as you finish your previous role
· Training and development opportunities– Keep up with the essentials and more
· Build holiday allowance for every shift you work– your work life balance is important to us
· Stakeholder pension scheme available– a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in places to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Salary: £12.25 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Retail sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Reference ID: 55175