- Member of a small, friendly and supportive Governance team with the opportunity to progress (if desired) to qualify as a Chartered Governance Professional.
- Provides support to some of MTVH Committees, including preparing agendas and collating reports, taking minutes and progressing actions.
- Organises Annual General Meetings and manages shareholder relations.
- Provides company secretarial services to MTVH Group Companies including updating companies house records, providing governance information for the statutory accounts and maintaining company registers.
- Provide diary and meeting management for the MTVH Group Chair.
- Manages the MTVH declaration of interests and gifts and hospitality processes.
- Supports governance processes such as organising meetings and events, processing payments and expenses, co-ordinating recruitment, induction, training and appraisal programmes for MTVH Board and Committee members.
- Manages the document execution processes.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Excellent planning and organising skills and attention to detail (essential);
- Experience of servicing board or committee meetings and taking detailed and accurate minutes or demonstrate comparable experience of fulfilling such tasks (essential);
- Experience of working within a team for a large and complex organisation or within a regulated environment, providing a very high standard of service (desired);
- A strong intellect and the ability to work independently (essential);
- A flexible and professional approach to work (essential);
- Excellent IT skills (essential);
- Part or fully qualified with the Chartered Institute of Governance or equivalent or, if desired, interested in undertaking training if not already qualified.
For further information, please refer to the job description attached
Interviews will be held on or around the 7th October 2022
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit -; interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.