Working pattern Rotating between 8am and 6.30pm Monday – Sunday
As a Barclays Complaints Handler you will take ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience across a multi-channel environment. You will investigate complex and emotive technical customer and client queries, concerns and complaints, in order to understand the cause, impact, and generate a solution. You will work within the Advocacy Team, amongst 4000 customer-obsessed experts with smart technology to offer our customers the opportunity to contact us through telephony, web chat or secure message.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
What you get from us
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Voluntary benefits and more
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
• Investigating customer/client queries, concerns and complaints, whilst withholding judgement – using all resources to assess and evaluate the situations
- Demonstrating a strong level of competence in our digital products, enabling you to proactively educate customers/clients to have confidence using our digital channels
- Balancing different viewpoints and insights with policies to reach the right customer outcome, that’s also within the best interest of the Bank
- Responding to external stakeholders such as the Financial Ombudsman and Claims Management Companies in scenarios where litigation may commence
- Identifying systemic risk issues and providing timely, accurate responses to develop fair outcomes which maintain compliance regulatory requirements and Barclays Standards
- Emotionally connecting with our clients/customers to engage in their story and creating customer advocacy
- Supporting leaders with high-profile, complex cases where the business is struggling to find solutions, through collaborating across Group colleagues
- You will actively identifying root-causes of concerns and complaints, and capturing accurate information and details throughout the end to end customer journey
• Previous experience of complaint handling whilst delivering exceptional customer/client interactions
- The ability to break down complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to reach the right outcome for the customer and bank
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail; using these abilities to find solutions and maintain positive relationships in a changing environment
- A natural empathiser with the desire to do the right thing for the customer and exceed expectations. Using these skills to take the heat out of challenging situations
• Knowledge of Banking products and services
- Knowledge of regulatory and risk requirements relating to complaints
- Digitally savvy across multiple digital channels
- Experience of Barclays customer information and management systems
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.