Do you have excellent Spanish language skills and are you based in the Glasgow area? If you are also a positive team-player who likes to be busy and would enjoy a mix of office and at-home working, then we will provide the necessary training. Apply for this role today to avoid disappointment!
This is a great opportunity to join a company who believes in developing its employees. The role is part of our international Accounts Receivable dept., at our Paisley (UK), Shared Services Centre, and is focused on credit control of an allocated customer portfolio in central Spain.
It entails the calculation, approvals and maintenance of credit limits for new and existing customer accounts, as well as credit control / debt collection and regular ‘order hold’ reviews and decision-making regarding order releases.
The role would suit a candidate with great rapport-building ability, strong verbal and written communication skills – and the ability and enthusiasm to achieve KPIs.
- Performing credit checks and ensure credit limits are in place for all accounts, in compliance with company policy and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Proactively contacting customers, primarily by telephone, to ensure invoice processing and timely payments are being scheduled
- Liaising with local Sales, Customer Services and Team Leader around challenging accounts and determine when accounts should be placed on hold
- Ensure the release of orders once payment is received on ‘on-hold’ accounts
- From time to time, assist with the company’s e-invoicing process, as well as cash application
- Various ad hoc responsibilities/tasks as assigned by the Team Leader
Who are we looking for?
A team-player who is ready to contribute to a supportive and positive atmosphere, and to do their part in order to succeed. As the position also interacts with various levels of internal and external customers, it requires good communication skills as well as good judgement, tact and diplomacy – both within troubleshooting and in communications.
Skills and abilities:
- Willingness and drive to succeed in the role
- High attention to detail and great accuracy
- Good knowledge of Ms Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Fluent in English and Spanish languages
- Previous experience operating in a busy customer care/service function is desirable.
What’s in it for you:
- Joining a large international company with great career opportunities
- Annual incentive scheme
- Regular awards for good performance
- Hybrid working (equipment provided for homeworking)
- Great team spirit, positive and helpful colleagues
- An environment that welcomes new ideas and input for improvements
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .