Digital Project Manager
Location:London or Newbury *Blended*
Hours:37.5 Monday – Friday
Safety Notice:To ensure candidate and employee safety, we are continuing with our virtual hiring and onboarding processes until further notice.
We innovate, invent and continuously improve, Vodafone UK Digital works within the heart of our business. Empowering Vodafone’s mission of being a digital-first company is in everything we do.
What will you be doing?
- Compiling & owning your Digital Project Plan, bringing together multiple plans and dependencies across a range of teams (sprint, scrum, test, integrate, release and more) into one overarching perspective and plan.
- Managing RAID (risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies), governing milestones and receipting adherence in line with your project plan.
- Embedding lean governance operating models, valuing ownership, responsiveness, predictability and transparent delivery over pre-prepared project reporting.
- Managing the project finances and supplier commercials, including internal Capex/Opex.
- Set and adjust budget forecast for the project, based on business dynamics and historical trends of delivery.
- Establishing a heartbeat of reviews and reporting to the Digital Portfolio Manager.
- Managing communication with business stakeholders to maintain transparency and trust throughout the project delivery (on Time, Cost, Scope and Quality).
- Leading data science in how we report on effort and cost burn-down throughout the project delivery cycle.
- Governing our use of VSTS, providing effective and consistent usage, including dashboards, plans & roadmaps.
Who we are looking for
- A proven track record leading technical delivery teams with an in-depth understanding of the technologies, processes and techniques required for delivering high quality solutions within a fast moving organisation.
- A deep understanding of the end to end project lifecycle, Agile Development and Large Scale Scrum Methodologies.
- Extensive experience in liaising with senior stakeholders and delivering successful change initiatives. Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience of delivery in Digital, especially mobile & web platforms
- You’re a strong all-rounder, willing to get involved in every stage of the software development lifecycle, with the ability to motivate and shape high performing teams
- An enthusiastic interest in modern development practice, tooling, technology and techniques.
- Advanced excel and PowerPoint skills.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. We’re proud to provide a Reconnect programme with flexibility for individuals returning to work after a career break. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
Together we can
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent. Inclusion for all is a key pillar of our purpose with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage growth and progression for all employees.
Vodafone UK’s blended working approach means you’ll come to your contracted hub location office as and when needed to get things done for your role and for tasks that require it, otherwise you will be able to work from home. Our ‘Office in a Box’ home-working kit will be available for all who need it during your onboarding journey.