Job title: Finance Administrator
Reporting to: Head of Billing
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care, housing and emergency services sectors, as well as in the field of professional regulation. The firm has a turnover of c£60m and around 600 staff – including 450 fee earners – across five offices nationally. We act for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector, including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, police, fire and rescue services, independent health and social care providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.
In 2022 Capsticks achieved a two star accreditation from Best Companies Capsticks is an “outstanding place to work” – Best Companies to work for 2022 , the specialists whose recognition programme is the standard for workplace engagement. The Best Companies accreditation is really important to Capsticks as it focuses on the trust and value we place in our people, their wellbeing and their careers. Capsticks is independently rated as an “outstanding company to work for”.
This is a varied role covering several aspects of the day to day running of a busy law firm. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working within Finance in a proactive and enthusiastic team.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Maintaining client and framework portfolio, liaising directly with Client leads and BD on the set up and roll out of new clients and Frameworks, ensuring all KPI requirements are set up and will be met, that the accounting and billing systems accurately reflect the KPIs in the contract.
- Setting up and maintaining fee earner profiles including targets and budgets, , grades and rates, keeping secondments and absences up to date, ensuring adjustments are fed in a timely manner through the billing process;
- liaising with partners and fee earners to ensure the correct charge rates are allocated
to the clients / matters;
- Assisting the Head of Billing with the monitoring and reduction of Aged WIP
- maintaining a record of clients involving fixed fee arrangements, and Frameworks ensuring accuracy of records for billing purposes;
- opening clients and undertaking new client process including MLRO reviews;
- closing matters/files;
- liaising with cashiers and credit control in relation to payment queries;
- making amendments to time entries, adding entries, transferring entries and making write-offs;
- liaising with client accounts payable as necessary;
- escalating any matters that may hinder the billing process;
- ensuring vat rules are correctly interpreted and applied;
- supporting colleagues and the department as required;
- generating draft bills as necessary at the start of the month and on an ad hoc basis;
- raising credit notes as required;
- any other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Billing & Finance Admin.
Candidates should ideally have:
- the ability to work calmly under pressure;
- strong administration and organisational skills;
- good communication skills; and
- excellent attention to detail.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate that they are:
- professional and self-motivated;
- proactive in their approach;
- willing to learn and develop; and
- able to work in a busy, professional environment;
- a team player.
Capsticks is an inclusive employer
At Capsticks we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and therefore we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, background, culture, ethnicity, race, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, neurodiversity, religion and beliefs.
We will make reasonable adjustments to our application and interview process to ensure that you have the best chance of success. We understand that there’s not a “one size fits all” approach to adjustments so our team will work with you individually to understand more about your requirements. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment team on: ([email protected]).
Job Type: Full-time