The core of our business
Barclays’ financial health is of the utmost importance – not only to our clients, shareholders and employees – but to a wide array of stakeholders, too. Our Finance function is essential to our success and includes our Business Performance & Analytics, Product Control, Financial Control, Cost Management, CCAR and Tax teams. Want to learn how financial concepts are applied in a global financial institution like Barclays? Join us as an analyst.
Real responsibility, right away
It will start with several weeks of intensive training, after which, you’ll join one of our Finance or Tax teams. The first five months with your team will be dedicated to learning the ins and outs of your role through on-the-job and classroom training, so at the six month mark you can take on greater responsibility for tasks such as:
- perform daily profit and loss analysis for business units, identifying and researching performance impacts
- compile regular reports and scorecards for senior managers
- analyse data for trends and insights
- write and deliver presentations based on your analysis to senior managers
- lead calls and meetings with fiscal stakeholders.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders, peers and clients alike. What’s more, dedicated programme managers will support and advocate for you throughout the first two years of your career at Barclays.
During the analyst programme, you’ll also:
- participate in formal and informal training designed to give you the knowledge you need when you need it
- receive detailed performance coaching and feedback
- have opportunities to expand your network and develop leadership skills.
As your official programme comes to a close, you’ll have a number of career options open to you, including placement into an exciting role right here at Barclays.
To be considered for this programme, you must:
- be motivated with a strong degree or expected degree – in any area.
Ideally, you would also have:
- a degree in any discipline – so long as you are motivated, analytical, hard-working and great with detail.
- basic knowledge of the role of finance and financial markets
- enjoys working in a fast paced environment, who’s client-focused and team-orientated
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.