This role will work alongside the Finance Manager in the Business Service Centre (BSC) with a requirement to work closely with Senior Finance partners based in London. Partnering remotely with the Central Finance team, you will need to build strong and trusted partnerships with the Finance Managers in both commercial and FP&A and their respective teams.
This is a broad role where you will gain a good understanding of the M&S transactional accounting processes and the end to end financial control requirements.
You’ll be providing insightful financial analysis and demonstrate a profit-centric mentality to maximise business performance, optimise spend, minimise costs and drive profit.
This is a remarkable role where you will work across a variety of teams at M&S, gaining some brilliant experience with great exposure!
- Delivering a combination of regular and ad-hoc financial reporting information to inform commercial decision making
- Preparation of journals including managing accruals, provisions and managing the Franchise Partners monthly rebates.
- Managing relationships with internal business partners across both the Finance, Commercial and FP&A teams & external Franchise partners.
- Ensuring the integrity of balance sheet reconciliations managed within the role – highlighting any risks/opportunities in a timely manner and owning any associated resolution plans
- Efficiency – proactive driver of operational improvement across
- Support with finance projects, often working with across different teams withing finance to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- An accounting background with previous experience of working in a fast paced environment – Qualified or Part (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong communication and commercial awareness
- Strong analytical capabilities, comfortable working with and accurately manipulating data to provide accurate and insightful reporting
- Strong business partner management skills with the ability to build relationships and influence
- Can deliver to agreed timeframes and effectively prioritise workload with a flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- CIMA/ACCA Study Sponsorship (complete financial support and study leave)
- Travel – Free car parking at our Salford Quays office, ‘cycle to work’ and season ticket loans
- Free 24/7 support from our health and wellbeing partners (as well as support for your family)
- Virtual GP Service – free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for you and your family
- Discount off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
- 20% discount on M&S products
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email [email protected] so we can make alternative arrangements for you.