Working style:Hub (Flexible working between home and office)
Hours of work:37.5 hours per week. Typically, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30 pm, although weekend and evenings may be required dependent on training delivery needs.
Our Mission:To be the UK’s Digital Lender of Choice
Our Company Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Empathy, Passion
Jaja is an innovative UK based consumer finance business, leading initially with a digital credit card launched in 2018, and a pipeline of consumer finance solutions in the making.
We are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple.
We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
Why join us?This is a chance to make a real impact in a growing business on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever.
We have a collaborative team structure fueled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself!
About The Role
A new role has arisen in the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team reporting into the FP&A Manager. Finance is a key function in the development of Jaja. We are responsible for providing critical information and insight to the business, delivering a funding structure to support Jaja’s growth, producing financial accounts and daily operational processes to enable critical business activities.
This role will have responsibilities across a number of areas of activity including developing and maintaining business-unit level reporting. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the mechanics of our digital lending business with opportunities to develop your analytical, accounting and modelling skill sets.
There will also be opportunities to develop professional skills and learn about areas of our business that are of interest to you. Although we are primarily operating remotely there will be opportunities to use our office space and company gatherings to get to know people.
You will be responsible for (not limited to):
- Developing and maintaining Business Unit level reporting and MI
- Costs performance analysis
- Supporting budgeting process
- Tracking performance vs our budget
- Risk and opportunity tracking
We’re looking for an experienced Analyst with a knowledge of Financial services, who is ready to lead by example and is used to rolling up their sleeves to get things done.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK and meet the following criteria:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting processes
- A track record of fast development and learning
- Comfortable working remotely
- Experience in Financial Services, especially Credit Card Lending, would be an advantage
- Interest in technology and innovation
- Additional Analysis or Data tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Snowflake or Other)
- Analysis or accounting qualification
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing business on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- A unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working locations including remote and at our office
- Bonus potential
- Private medical cover
- More exciting benefits, you will hear about when we talk
- Accounting Qualification funding