Hybrid however full-time home working may be considered
If you come and work for us we will offer a range of benefits and opportunities, including:
1. Generous annual leave entitlement for Agenda for Change and Medical staff.
2. Flexible working opportunities to support your work/life balance
3. Access to Continued Professional Development
4. Involvement in improvement and research activities
5. Health and Wellbeing activities and access to an excellent staff wellbeing service
6. Access to staff discounts across retail, leisure and travel
7. Access to a generous salary sacrifice car lease scheme
Interview date:24th & 25th October 2022
The Financial Systems Accountant will have a crucial role in developing a shared understanding of, and commitment to, the vision and strategic aims of our Trust, simultaneously promoting a culture that encourages the use of initiative, individual and team responsibility and open communications.
This role is pivotal within the Finance Department and will involve partnership working internally with the Information and IT departments and externally with the system provider of the financial ledger NEP as well as other relevant system suppliers.
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for providing expert advice and support to users of the financial ledger and will be the expert with regards to financial systems, finance data processes, data architecture and data flows.
- Be the contract manager responsible for maintaining and enhancing the relationship with NEP, and other system providers
- Have ownership and responsibility for managing the financial systems including maintaining and developing system controls and reviewing relevant processes along with identifying and implementing continuous improvements
- Be responsible for leading and developing in house training and support relating to the use of financial systems
- Have primary responsibility for identifying, evaluating, testing and managing appropriate upgrades and improvements to software and hardware
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
If you are Kind, Fair, Ingenious and Determined then we want you to come and join our #PennineCarePeople
Introduction from the Finance Director – Nicky Tamanis
This is a new beginning for our team and we have a clear and exciting vision of how we could look in five years’ time.
We want to do things differently, but we’re not underestimating the scale of the change ahead of us. Our new structure lays a strong foundation to build on the excellent things we already do and focuses our ambition, to be not just a great place to work, but the best place to work. Our ambition gives us direction and purpose, our core values of ingenuity and determination will be key to our success but we will never lose sight of the need to be kind and fair in everything we do.
I am privileged to be the Director of Finance at Pennine Care. The Trust values are a core part of who I am and what I look for in every member of my team. I / we want to work with like-minded people, those who want to make a difference and in return we will support you to maximise your potential and have a happy and healthy working life.
- Engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate, plan and carry out system developments, upgrades and implementation plans providing specialist expertise in ensuring that financial systems are fit for future.
- Provide expert help desk facility for all finance system users ensuring that calls are raised with NEP as required and problems are resolved quickly.
- Where necessary, communicate, train and present on a range of complex technical issues.
- Provide specialist advice and detailed guidance to system users on how to maximise system functionality and streamline processes using end to end process re-engineering techniques.
- Act as a key member of the financial systems reporting process, creating complex data extractions for finance and non-finance users. When required, providing large quantities of transparent and clear data to internal/external auditors in support of their requirements.
- Ensure all reports generated from financial systems are updated, reconciled and maintained.
- Have ownership and responsibility for maintenance of financial system integrity, performance controls and processes providing expert knowledge to influence and inform key areas of risk.
- Prepare and review monthly key systems control account reconciliations.
- Identify, evaluate, and champion opportunities to deliver continuous improvements, ensuring appropriate change management processes are applied.
- Develop and maintain scorecard performance measures relevant to the financial systems.
- Ensure that access to data held within financial systems is granted and monitored in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Design, develop and propose policy and service changes relating to new reporting processes and legislative changes for finance and non-finance managers.
- Responsible for contract management and maintaining and enhancing the relationship with the financial ledger system provider.
- Design, develop and/or co-ordinate training on a range of relevant software used in the reporting of finance related data encouraging a culture of self service for system users.
- Provide specialist technical support to the financial systems user community ensuring all functionality of systems are exploited.
- Identify, recommend, design, and implement processes to automate and improve the efficiency of systems through a coordinated approach with finance and other colleagues such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Devise, develop and maintain the Finance Department’s internal website.
- Responsible for the development of data infrastructure from finance into the trust wide data warehouse working with a range of teams across the organisation to ensure consistency and compatibility.
- Design and develop relevant audits/reviews to ensure system controls are robust.
- Work autonomously to interpret technical system and financial guidance and provide advice on its impact.