Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Head of Legal for Asset & Invoice Finance
- In this high-profile role, you’ll lead a team to deliver the legal strategy and provide expert, accurate and cost-effective legal advice
- Your role will sit within our Commercial & Private Banking business area, so we’ll need you to have an understanding of associated legal issues
- More specifically, you will support our asset and invoice finance businesses
- You’ll be recognized as an expert in asset and invoice finance, and be exposed to stakeholders across the bank and externally
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to manage and coordinate the delivery of legal advice to our asset and invoice finance businesses. You’ll work closely with stakeholders and legal colleagues to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives, either directly or through a team.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Leading, managing, motivating and developing a small team of SME lawyers
- Making sure that legal advice is readily understandable to non-lawyers, delivered within relevant timescales, and manages and minimises legal risks
- Delivering continuous improvement in operating practices and processes, including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs
- Making sure that your team provide the communication of internal and external legal advice and help to deliver transactions and projects to stakeholders in a commercial way
- Managing legal costs and driving a culture of disciplined cost management and controls
The skills you’ll need
We’ll expect you to have in depth knowledge of asset and invoice finance and general knowledge of banking law and practice, with significant experience in the financial services industry. We’ll also expect you to have the ability to manage stakeholders and establish strong relationships across the bank. Strong leadership skills are a must, coupled with experience of organising and motivating teams of professionals.
You’ll also need:
- Industry level knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment and issues within commercial and private banking
- The ability to keep up to date with and share relevant legal and market developments
- Expert knowledge of asset and invoice finance business activities and products
- The ability to recognise issues of strategic, legal or reputational importance and evaluate and direct how they should be addressed and resolved
- Significant experience of navigating and leading others through periods of change and uncertainty
- Significant experience of understanding and navigating complexity to provide holistic support and advice – to businesses and teams Experience of providing governance support and related advice to legal entities in a financial services context
You’ll be based in and around London and join a highly regarded team which works on a remote first basis and has excellent relationships across internal stakeholders.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.