National World / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of Rock Solid Processing Ltd.
Health & Safety Manager UK
Do you have Health & Safety experience in the waste, extraction or construction industry?
Are you looking to join a company with an excellent culture that offers a genuine long term career?
Rock Solid Processing Limited are a highly respected and market leader in environmental Incinerator Bottom Ash (IBA) recycling and currently seek a Health & Safety Manager for our UK business. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to take ownership of the provision of Health and Safety advice and training to ensure that legal requirements, procedures and Rock Solid’s company obligations are met.
We offer the successful candidate full support, an excellent package and a strong positive team working culture.
As our Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for all business areas including operations, planning, legal, safety, engineering, and project development.
This will include:
- Carrying out regular site inspections, internal and supply chain audits across multiple UK IBA processing sites
- Keep up to date and disseminate information on Health and Safety regulatory changes
- Liaison with Regulatory Bodies (EA/SEPA/HSE/LPA/local water authority)
- Ensuring personnel and contractors are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities
- Preparing Rock Solid for successful external UKAS audits and recertification
- Implementing, maintaining and supporting the continual improvement of Rock Solids ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 Integrated management System
- Leading the development and implementation of health and safety documentation for risk assessments, safe operating procedures, COSHH assessments and permit to work
- Implementation of control measures and staff training
Previous skills and experience required:
- Min. 5 years proven experience within waste, abstractive or construction industry
- NEBOSH Health and Safety Diploma (or equivalent)
- Strong attention to detail, proven track record of managing health and safety across multiple projects or sites
- ISO 45001 and UKAS external audit experience
- Hold lead/internal auditing qualification or willingness to work toward
- Hold CIWM WAMITAB Physical treatment and transfer qualification or willingness to work toward
- Membership of Tech, Graduate or Chartered membership of IOSH essential
- Experience of EHS software systems, literate in Microsoft office suite.
- Full clean driving licence. Must be prepared to Travel UK wide (estimated up to 6-8 days per month)
This is an exciting and rewarding role within an expanding company who have great work ethic and culture…. for those seeking their next move and a long-term career path, APPLY NOW!
Our reference: SE2971
Vacancy: Health & Safety Manager UK
Location:Field UK / Homebased
Salary:35k-40k, subject to qualifications and experience
Hours:40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays
Benefits:Home based /remote, Company car, Company pension plan, Company laptop and mobile, Contribution to home office set up, generous holiday allowance