Our people are our greatest asset
We may work with numbers, but at our core Barclays is a people-based business. Our Human Resources (HR) teams are critical to ensuring the Group’s overall success by attracting, retaining and developing the right people. This team acts as trusted advisors, strategic partners and innovative solution finders. Sound like the place for you? Join us as an analyst.
The chance to make an impact
You’ll start out with several weeks of intense training, covering product and business knowledge as well as essential skills you’ll need for a successful start. Then you’ll begin the first of four, six-month long rotations, exposing you to a variety of HR areas. Along the way you’ll build excellent foundational knowledge while getting to know our business and our people.
During this program, you’ll have the chance to rotate across our HR business partner teams, where you’ll be supporting a specific business on both day-to-day and strategic issues, and across our Centers of Excellence, where you’ll develop expertise in a particular HR function such as Reward & Performance, Employee Relations or Learning, Leadership & Talent. Depending on your rotation assignment, you may:
- assist in the development, planning and execution of the graduate Initial Training Programme or graduate placement process
- investigate employee relations issues
- compile and analyse data to determine impact of workforce changes
- support employees and managers through our new promotion process
- conduct exit interviews with employees and compile feedback to identify trends
- help deliver diversity training for our managers.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders, peers and clients alike. What’s more, dedicated programme managers will support and advocate for you throughout the first eighteen months of your career at Barclays.
During the analyst programme, you’ll also:
- participate in formal and informal training designed to give you the knowledge you need when you need it
- receive detailed performance coaching and feedback
- have opportunities to expand your network and develop leadership skills.
As your official programme comes to a close, you’ll have a number of career options open to you, including placement into an exciting role right here at Barclays.
To be considered for this programme, you must:
- be motivated with a strong degree or expected degree – in any area.
Ideally, you would also have:
- Problem solving skills
- A passion for relationship building
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.