Location: Birmingham, Leeds, London, Manchester
Experience Level: Manager
Type: Full Time
Service Line: FT – EPM
Contract type: Permanent
Service Line Information:
In KPMG’s Management Consulting practice, we don’t limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both – equally well. Indeed, it’s this broad capability that’s seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team. Since our creation, we’ve developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
In the Finance Transformation (FT) team, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance Functions and generate real insights to help deliver value to our clients. Our mission is to be the leading FT practice in the UK market, to be number one in our focus markets, and to be recognised as innovators in finance technology.
Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues. Our team is therefore also structured by capability, providing specialist services and solutions in Finance Transformation, Enterprise Performance Management and Global Business Services.
Our Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) team, specialises in delivering Connected Insights and Powered EPM solutions to help our clients achieve step changes in performance, productivity and profitability. Using our industry-leading “Powered” methodology, we help clients accelerate their transformations and reduce the time and effort required to accurately predict and report business performance. This is enabled by harnessing advanced analytical techniques, technology, and centres of excellence that all contribute to better, faster decisions. As business integrators, we help transform end-to-end planning, forecasting and consolidation processes through leading technology solutions.
Consumer markets & retail is a sector where we have built a strong track record and reputation of delivering innovative solutions through supporting some of the world’s leading players. In this rapidly evolving and competitive sector, our consumer, retail and leisure professionals design solutions with leading practices, helping our clients achieve step changes in performance, productivity and profitability.
Your responsibilities as a Manager:
- Engagement delivery:leading and managing projects or work-streams of a small to medium size and complexity (including planning and organising work packages, overseeing data gathering and analysis, summarising insights and presenting results, owning client relationships and preparing and chairing client meetings and workshops).
- Risk management:identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm’s frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
- People development:performance management including identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer.
- Practice development:taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business and achieving our Mission Statement.
- Business development:developing a strong understanding of client needs and building positive, long-standing relationships with clients through engagement delivery; identifying business development opportunities, and supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including shaping and presenting proposals/ bids for future work and managing proposal development activities).
Skills and experience required
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Proven track record of working on finance improvement consulting projects, working across multiple aspects of a finance function.
- Strong experience in financial processes, including Integrated Business Planning, budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting.
- Experience in designing insight solutions, including holistic margin and profitability analysis, cost allocations, KPIs and metrics utilising the latest data analytics, visualisation and AI & Automation techniques.
- Track record in playing a leading role in Finance Transformation projects. Good experience in EPM solutions, utilising leading IT systems, such as SAP, Oracle, Anaplan, One Stream.
- Consumer markets & retail industry experience involving specialisations in one or more of the following: producing commercial and demand plans, especially as part of an integrated planning process, analysing retail brands and store performance, track record of working with data, analytics and intelligent insights to drive revenue improvements and analysing the impact of promotions on revenue and profit margins.
- Good understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance functions, Finance business partnering and trends in Finance.
- Experience managing teams to deliver to deadlines and required quality standards; experience developing, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Excellent communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships; and the ability to deliver clear, concise, focused messages to senior finance team members or clients.
- Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Impactful written communications, producing high quality, client ready outputs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
Relevant experience in one or more of the following solution areas:
- Integrated Finance Transformation– through operating model design, data and technology, including robotics and artificial intelligence, providing leading practice insights across finance and accounting processes.
- Enterprise Performance Management– planning, budgeting and forecasting, management information and reporting, profitability and cost management, and performance data and analytics.
- Global Business Services– business and information technology outsourcing, shared service and global business services design, build, transition and implementation.
Relevant large corporates experience and knowledge in one or more of the following sectors:
- Consumer Markets
- Life Sciences
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Evidence of being an active listener, strong team player and willingness to develop new skills and capabilities
- Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
- Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
- Seeks to understand others motivations
- Supports others to make brave decisions
- Relevant finance qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent
- Flexibility to travel
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective – that’s the KPMG difference. But, don’t take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Why Consulting at KPMG?
Technology is a critical focus for us. It underpins everything we do. We’re investing in technology like never before – not least because the pace of technological change is disrupting organisations in new and challenging ways. Through advanced data analytics and emerging tech-enabled solutions like AI and machine learning, we’re helping clients across diverse sectors to navigate that change. We enable them to avoid any unnecessary risks and to uncover new, transformative opportunities that could give them a competitive edge. A career here means stretching your skills and honing your expertise by solving complex problems as part of a collaborative, results-driven and supportive team. Whether we’re helping our clients to reduce their costs, make better decisions, improve efficiencies or deploy the latest technologies, we bring together broad specialisms and talents to deliver robust, connected solutions.