StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $570 billion of total capital allocations, including $134 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
The Intern will join StepStone’s Real Estate Team in London. StepStone offers Interns an opportunity to achieve valuable learning experiences working across the real estate private equity industry. The Intern will work in a team environment to target and perform due diligence on opportunities across the Real Estate team’s three investment verticals: real estate private equity fund investments, co-investment transactions and secondaries transactions. Through analysis of opportunistic, value-add, core and credit funds, the Intern will gain exposure to a wide array of property types, markets and capital structures and become accustomed to a variety of real estate private equity funds and investment strategies.
Essential Internship Functions
- Assist both the advisory and investment teams in key job functions, primarily:
- The underwriting and assessment of prospective fund managers on behalf of our advisory capital
- The evaluation of potential investments and the asset management of the existing real estate portfolio
- Perform market research using publicly available information and proprietary databases to identify, quantify and analyze macroeconomic trends across a variety of property types
- Interpret financial analyses prepared by operating fund managers, including investment track records, financial statement analysis and fund models
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with potential partners, fund managers and assist in all aspects of active investment and advisory on-going due diligence
- Efficiently communicate a position verbally and in written materials, including defending a position in a team environment such as Investment Committee meetings
- Ability to start working at StepStone in October 2022, ideally for six months (minimum four months)
- The job is based in London and presence in the office is required for the majority of the days
- You are a Junior/Rising Senior committed to or graduated from BA/BS in Finance, Economics or Accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- High proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Demonstrated track record of academic success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modelling skills
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Pointed interest in the investment world, Real Estate is a plus
For a view into a summer experience at StepStone: https://vimeo.com/519535749
Working out of 23 offices in 14 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you’ll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Developing People at StepStone
Your employment will also be subject to various firm policies and guidelines, including return to workplace guidelines for your office (which require, where legally permitted, all U.S. employees to have their vaccinations against COVID-19 up to date in order to enter one of our offices or attend a firm-sponsored event).