Our client is a leading Defence company supporting their customers security capabilities and critical assets.
They are seeking an experienced Java developer to contribute to the design and development of products.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a collaborative team who are committed to producing the best quality software.
This role is primarily remote with travel to Bristol 1 day every week or 2 weeks.
- Contributing to the design and development of the product and adding new functionality.
- Analysing and fixing bugs.
- An opportunity to help shape the design and architecture as the software matures.
- Performing software releases, updates, and deployment activities.
Skills & experience
- Java 8
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, MySQL (or another relational database).
- Unit and Integration testing (e.g. JUnit, Mockito).
- Understanding of REST and JSON.
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Other flexible benefits: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
- Employee Share Scheme
Our client is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND:If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we’d like to recognise your recommendations with a ‘thank you’ of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2022.