MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Software Engineer 10 Month Placement
The Software team at MBDA deliver software for the next generation of weapons in an ever evolving environment to support those on the battlefield! Our teams provide a range of products from high integrity software running on our weapon systems, to mission planning solutions integrated into a complex battlespace arena. We use numerous programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies to achieve this.
You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development. You will get exposure to some aspects of a software development lifecycle, a chance to collaborate with others in the annual multi-national Software Engineering Challenge, and opportunities to travel and develop some of the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer.
- Work closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems including both embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C, C++, C# and Java.
- Learn about the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables
- The importance of technical documentation.
- Work with other departments within the company, learning a general overview of the business.
The majority of your time you’ll be working onsite in a lab or office environment with a team of people around you to support you with your work.
Entry criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Currently studying towards a degree in Computer Science or other science or engineering based degree, such as Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or Maths or a related subject.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 month placement to start September 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.