The Rates Sales & Marketing Support Team sits at the heart of the Middle Office, responsible for the accurate, timely and efficient recording of transactions, maintenance of trades through their life-cycle, ensuring transactions are reflected consistently and correctly across the infrastructure and ensuring that all underlying data is strictly controlled and maintained.
The team holds a unique position interfacing directly with the front office (sales & marketing and trading), other middle office teams (PnL, Confirmations, Accounting), settlements teams, projects teams, audit, legal, credit, regulatory reporting and collateral.
The team provides a unique opportunity to understand the products, gain a thorough working knowledge of the end to end rates infrastructure and the ability to interact with a variety of other disciplines.
- Work closely with the sales desks to provide an end to end service across the trade lifecycle, including trade capture, trade booking, confirmation and settlement
- Provide trade support and client service to JPMorgan clients
- Act as first point of contact for the sales desk working closely with the other business partners to assist and resolve trade disputes and breaks
- Ensure adherence to industry and regulatory guidelines
- Enforcing a controlled environment for the end to end process
- Accurately produce, reconcile & explain MIS data to Sales and Management
- Ensure KPIs are met on a daily basis
- Perform key controls to ensure accuracy and compliance of sales activities
- Challenge the status quo; innovate inefficient processes and close unseen control gaps
- Previous investment banking experience required
- Experience of OTC derivative processing/lifecycle, in one or multiple asset classes desirable
- Client interaction in a previous role
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. DF, EMIR, MiFID, NCMR) desirable
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to understand and analyse Front and Middle Office requirements
- Ability to contribute to the ongoing development of cross asset technology suite
- Adaptability and creativity
- PC literate with good knowledge of Windows applications, macro recording and writing.
- Knowledge of external vendor platforms (Markitwire)
- Understanding of the end to end trade workflow
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.