BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering over 90 markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 June 2021, BNP Paribas Securities Services had $14.3 trillion in assets under custody, $2.8 trillion in assets under administration, 9,248 funds administered and over 10,380 employees of more than 100 nationalities.
The Market & Financing Services (MFS) business line of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S) offers principal and agency lending, foreign exchange and collateral management – as well as a variety of financing solutions to asset owners, asset managers, including alternatives, and broker-dealers. It comprehends services produced locally and services offered to our UK clients that are outsourced to another location of BP2S.
These services are targeted towards the increasingly sophisticated requirements of institutional investors and financial intermediaries as they have sought to extract more value from assets they entrust to custodians while limiting their risk exposure and navigating new regulation. In the UK, MFS covers the entirety of the product range offered to its UK clients locally and globally.
Securities Lending is an investment strategy whereby investors make short term loans of their securities to generate incremental revenues from their portfolios. Agency securities lending offers institutional investors the opportunity to generate returns through lending to multiple counterparts in the street.
The Agency desk exists to provide securities lending services to our clients, which is considered as a value added product to accompany global custody, fund administration and middle office outsourcing.
Agency securities lending encompasses the provision of securities lending on an agency basis to all approved counterparts.
- The business has 4 trading desks; located in Hong Kong, Sydney, London and New York.
- The Trading Assistant role will support the EMEA trading desk in London, and offer global support from time to time to the other trading desks.
- Administrative responsibilities for the securities lending desk in London and/or globally. Working alongside the trading teams.
- Booking and follow-up of returns and recalls.
- The role will not be initiating new trades.
- Review and follow up of failing trades with settlement teams and support in getting any settlement issues resolved in short order
- Be the liaison between trading and operations, and support the trading to optimise revenue of the portfolio. Provide operations, corporate actions, income, static, reconciliation and billing teams with relevant information to facilitate their daily tasks.
- Implement periodic recalls for poxy voting, AGM/EGM requirements, and/or for client specific restrictions
- Checking accuracy and reporting of counterparty risk exposures
- Control of end of day reporting
- Desk reporting: team dashboards, revenue reports, variance reports.
- Keep procedures up to date, as well as support the creation of client friendly procedure presentations to be shared with all internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the booking and rebooking of trades that are not sent to the market to adhere to SFTR guidelines and matching
- Analysis of counterparty queries.
- Provide feedback to enhance system and operational processes with respective stakeholders.
- Anticipate, follow up and monitor highly sensitive trades in coordination with operational teams (recalls, fail coverage, large trades, etc.).
- Control accuracy of P&L report and challenge inaccuracies when necessary.
Skills & Experience Required
There will be a requirement to spend a few weeks with the team in London for the initial training.
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Some experience or a keen interest in financial markets or trading room would be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Needs to be an effective communicator. Must be able to speak with conviction to traders of all levels of seniority at counterparts.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and numerical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a small enclosed team environment
- Strong organisation skills, the ability to perform several tasks at the same time
- Self-starter, self-managed, with an ability to create and develop ideas to optimize their trade assistant tasks
- Degree educated in a relevant field.
- Graduate experience, preferably in a related field.
- French language skills would be a plus but not essential.
- Python, VBA and +SQL would be another great addition but not essential.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 10%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
:Standard / Permanent